Function as a skilled-level technician who is able to perform diagnoses and repairs in all areas, in addition to being specialized in particular areas of repair, previously worked as a general service technician.
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses cause of any malfunction and performs repair.
- Communicates with Parts Department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the guest.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles when required or refers to the test technician.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Mentors work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Performs alignments.
- Ensures that guests’ cars are kept clean. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Maintains an organized and clean work area including common work areas. End of work day cleans work area(s)/bays and removes trash.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Punch accurate time records in to ERO (Electronic Repair Order).
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- Works scheduled hours and be on time for your scheduled shifts.
- Completes required trainings and items on Compli maintaining 100% compliance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Essential duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, climb or balance; and talk, hear, taste or smell. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move over 100 pounds with help, fork lift, transmission jack, or engine hoist, if needed.